- Upload the google-author folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the Google+ Author plugin through the „Plugins“ menu in WordPress.
- Configure the plugin by going to the „Google+ Author Information“ menu that appears in your settings menu.
How to add Google+ Publishership to WordPress and your Google+ Profile
This little How-To describes how you can link your Google+ profile with your WordPress Blog (Publishership) using our Google Plus Author Information in Search Results WordPress Plugin.
A) Set up authorship by linking your content to your Google+ profile
- Follow this link to open your Google+ profile: http://plus.google.com/me
- Copy your Profile-URL from the address bar to clipboard (see picture below):
- Go to your WordPress Admin Panel and click Users » Your Profile. Paste the above mentioned URL to the field where it says “Google+” in the “Contact Info” section.
- Click Update Profile.
- Repeat the above steps with all the other WordPress authors on your blog.
B) Add a reciprocal link back from your profile to the site you just updated
- Follow this link to edit the “Contributor To” section: http://plus.google.com/me/about/edit/co
- A dialog will appear. Scroll down to the “Contributor to” section. Click “Add custom link” and enter your website URL.
- Optional: For the label you can use your website title.
- If you want, click the drop-down list to specify who can see the link.
- Click Save.
- Tell your authors that they should also do step B.