What are the requirements?
- You need at least WordPress 3.5 running on your self-hosted installation.
- PHP > 5.3
- An Amazon Seller account with access to the Amazon Seller Central. (Amazon sometimes also asks for credit card details to create an Amazon Seller Central Account. So you should have your credit card details ready).
- Your website must run on SSL. Amazon does not support webpages which do not allow SSL (https).
How does it work?
- The plugin adds a new login-form with a yellow “Login with Amazon” button on the login page of WooCommerce.
- It also adds a yellow “Login with Amazon” button on the WordPress Login screen
if the “Prevent customers from accessing WordPress admin” option from the WooCommerce settings page is not activatedif the option “Display on WP login form” on the settings page has been activated.
- After a user clicks the button s/he gets redirected to an Amazon-Login page where s/he can grant access to use the email address as well as the postal code for the online shop.
- The user gets redirected to a special WordPress page where the actual “login” takes place. This means:
- If the users email address is already in the user-database of WordPress, this username will gets linked with the Amazon profile of the user.
- If the users email address is not in the user-database of WordPress, a new user will be generated.
- The user gets logged-in or otherwise an error message appears.
How can I set it up?
Please follow the instructions on this page: How to register an application using Amazons AppConsole
Is it possible to retrieve more than just the postal code from Amazon?
No. Amazon currently only sends back the postal code , the email address and the name of the user.
I have activated the plugin but the login button does not appear. What’s wrong?
Please login to your WordPress admin panel and go to “WooCommerce” -> “Login with Amazon”. Then activate debugging and save your settings. Now you should get a more detailed error thrown where the button should normally appear.
After logging in with Amazon I cannot login with my username and password again. What’s wrong?
In previous versions (lower than 1.1.0) the plugin has changed the users password when he/she has logged in using Amazon.
Since version 1.1.0 the plugin can log the user in without changing the password. So if you’re experiencing password problems, please update to the latest version.
If a user login with Amazon onto my site, is that user automatically login at amazon.com too?
Yes. But only to amazon.com website. The user does not get logged-in to other national websites (like amazon.de – for Germany, for example).
What are the filters?
Allows to change the value of the user ID after gathering information from Amazon. One parameter:
Allows to change the value of the user name after gathering information from Amazon. One parameter:
Allows to change the value of the email address after gathering information from Amazon. One parameter:
Allows to change the value of the zip code after gathering information from Amazon. One parameter:
Allows to redirect a user to a different URL. Has one parameter:
Allows to hook into the last error message that gets saved for a later usage. Has two parameters:
Allows to hook into the error output message. Has one paramter:
Allows to change the CSS ID. Has one parameter:
Allows to change the CSS classes. Has one parameter: